Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Select an Exercise Plan


Here is what they had to say about losing weight through dieting alone...'Although many people attempt to lose weight through dieting alone, research clearly supports that your long-term success depends on also getting regular exercise. A study of thousands of participants who have lost more than 30 pounds and maintained that weight loss for at least 1 year...show a combination of diet and exercise; only 10 percent use diet alone, and 1 percent rely on only exercise.'

Exercise helps you stick to your diet...

Exercise might help control appetite.

Exercise burns calories

Exercise perserves muscle tissue

Exercise makes you feel better physically

Exercise imporoves your health and helps prevent disease

The Centers for Disiease Control report that only 17.5 percent of dieters combine dieting with exercise..No wonder it's so difficult for most people to lose weight, much less keep it off...

2 kinds of exercises..
Spontaneous, that is when you go to the grocery, mall, or work and park out at the end of the lot so you have to walk further to get to the store...Taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Instead of putting stuff on the bottom of the steps all day and taking them up at night,(I'm guilty of that one), take each one up as you accumulate it..
Planned Exercise...
We all know what this is...making the time to plan some kind of exercise into your daily routine...

If you currently exercise fewer than 3 times a week, your goal is to try to get into the habit, then you might find you would like to increase the frequency or maybe just lengthen the workout...

5 comments:

Shana said...

I have chosen deep water walking as my exercise. I walk for 45-60mins 5 days a week and I make it as strenuous as I can. I have promised myself that when I get to 200# I will have private swimming lessons.
I am so envious of people who swim lengths and seem to really enjoy it. So I think I am laying the groundwork of building up underused muscles and endurance by water walking.
Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Planned Exercise:
I have started today with a combination of treadmill, pilates, Curves, Tai Chi, and will exercise 3 times per week, add 1 time per week each month to a total of 5 time per week.
- stamina: treadmill (start at 5 minutes, add one minute per day to total of 15 mins, then increase incline)
- strength: Curves (1 time per week, add 1 time per week each month for 3 months, 30 mins per workout)
- flexibility: Pilates (start at 5 minutes, add one minute per day to total of 15 mins, do on same days I do treadmill)
- balance: Pilates work, add Tai Chi tapes as exercise becomes habit

Spontaneous Exercise:
- I am wearing my Pedometer and recording the steps in my Wellness Journal.
- Gardening (which I have avoided…but I will use the timer and think of it as exercise)
- Read “Every Excuse in the Book” (responses to exercise excuses) and add “Thoughts/Responses” to my Sabotage List.
Emily

Anonymous said...

Hi again,
Forgot to add my Sabotage Responses:

Thought: I don’t want to exercise.
Response: If I want to lose weight and keep it off, I need to exercise. Want to has little to do with it. I have to make exercise a priority. I need to exercise each day to fulfill my purpose in life. I shouldn’t fool myself into thinking that exercise is optional.

Thought: It doesn’t count unless I can do a full workout.
Response: Exercising for five minutes is better than zero minutes. I will naturally build up the amount that I do over time as my body responds positively.

Thought: I’ll just diet and not exercise to lose weight.
Response: Research shows that exercise is essential to lose weight and maintain the weight loss. When I stopped exercising, I started gaining. If I want the benefits of being thinner, I have to exercise.
Emily

Katherina said...

http://tinyurl.com/6ldyukc I used this site and I have lost weight now got good figure also..thanks for this site...

Diet Solution said...

thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post.