Saturday, May 26, 2007

Set a Realistic Goal


Ok, to start, did you read your Advantage Response Card today??? How many times,when you got up, during stress, before you ate, before you went to bed???? Remember to keep your eye on where you want to be and where you want your road to lead you....

What kind of goal did you make for yourself? Are you making a goal of maybe 100 pounds or are you making a mini goal of maybe 5 or 10 at a time...If you make a goal that is too big, you might become overwhelmed if you set a goal that seems too hard or will take too long to achieve.. You need to make smaller goals and when you achieve that goal you need to reward yourself with some nonfood item...Maybe you could think of something that you could keep and always remind you how hard you had worked and how far you have come...

You are probably like the rest of us...you want to lose 10 pounds a week, wouldn't it be great??? But we all know that isn't possible...I'm sure you have heard that 1-2 lbs a week is as much as you should lose weekly..The first week you may lose more than that since that usually is mostly water.. But the fact is..the slower you lose it the more apt you are to keep it off..Why?? Well, as you go along you will learn a much healthier way of eating...The longer you stick to eating healthier, the more it will become part of your life. If we could lose lots of weight each week, you know after we lost it, we would probably be right back to eating the same way that we did before we decided to eat healthier and lose the weight..We have to do something lots of times before it becomes a habit..I know you have heard that, too...

I'll end by saying..If you think losing 1-2 lbs. a week is too slow... think about this....

'How much will it matter a few years from now how long it took? I need to remind myself why it's important to lose weight slowly. My long-term seccess depends on it.'

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimee, I was just roaming the kitchen. Thank you for posting this now! The timing was perfect and kept me from making a stupid mistake. Great blog as usual!

Anonymous said...

My short –term goal is -5 pounds (187 lbs); stay at or below 187 for 1 month
My long term goal is -47 lbs
(-14% body fat; -43 lbs fat; no more than -4 lbs lean; BMI 23.4)

This one was easy for me because of the work I did last time. I understand % body fat, BMI, and fat-lean loss. I know that my biggest challenge will be to maintain my lean muscle mass, therefore, my exercise goal is to increase my lean muscle mass.
Emily

Anonymous said...

I have been doing the BDS and blogging. I am doing mini-goals of 5 pounds each. I really am surprised at how much that has changed my thinking. It has encouraged me to eat healthier (instead of starving myself to lose quickly). It will work out better in the long run if I lose it slow.

Anonymous said...

Aimee - where'd you go?? Remember to give yourself credit and just get back on the wagon if you have to. I love your blog and want to here more! (I'm starting the BDS too and have a link to your blog on mine so get posting girl!)

Good luck!

Martina Silveria said...

Hey it is really worked for me. I did it very serioudly and now awsome figure. http://tinyurl.com/6ldyukc

edietsolution said...

A great blog and very helpful post. I really like it. Diet solution